WELCOME TO PARK HILLS COMMUNITY CHURCH!
We are so glad that you've decided to explore our wonderful community. Here at Park Hills Community Church we are passionate about being a spiritual, social, and positive force of influence within the community. Below we have more information on our Church and how to get involved. We hope to meet you soon!
Our worship service begins every Sunday at 11:00AM. The service is classic in style with a choir, hymns, and an organ but also has a modern twist with a live band, interactive TV screens, and relaxed clothing (Sunday Best is optional). Check out Our Service section for even more details, and feel free to check out our latest sermons.
Adult Sunday School: 9:30 AM – The purpose is to study scripture and learn how it relates and applies to living out scriptural principles in our contemporary daily context.
Youth Sunday School: 11:00 AM – Sunday School for youth (K-7) runs concurrently with 11:00 worship. Biblical principles are taught at a level commensurate to the students learning levels.
Chat & Chew Fellowship: 12:30 PM– After conclusion of each Sunday worship, you are invited to join us for a time of food and fellowship in our Fellowship Hall. We collectively enjoy a tasty treat and engage in conversation as means to connect - becoming better acquainted with our visitors and each other.
How are we different from other churches?
We desire all who enter the doors of Park Hills Community Church will be received in a Christ-like manner. We celebrate and affirm the image of God in people of every age, gender, ability, ethnicity, and sexual orientation and that all persons are welcome to participate in the full life and ministry of our church, including membership, baptism, and leadership. We endeavor to love people where they are in life as Jesus did, and not according to our expectations. In summary, we believe it is more important that you experience here at Park Hills church, a place of belonging and acceptance before engaging in Christian beliefs. “Come as you are” is our standard.
There are ways to get involved:
1) Join us in our worship service, adult or youth Sunday School, and meet church family at our Chat & Chew Fellowship.
2) Connect with our greater church community by joining one of our Ministries.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of music do you have?
Our worship music varies from traditional hymns to contemporary gospel songs. The major purpose of our worship music covers three primary principles:
- Theological and Uplifting – We sing songs that reflect deep biblical and theological truths, glorify Jesus, and inspire faith, love, and unity.
- Invitation of Participation – Our worship seeks to encourage people to actively participate in worship and not just sit as a spectator. At times our worship calls us to be silent; other times more vocal and demonstrative. We do not mind exploring different way to engage God’s Presence and inviting the congregation to participate.
- Intergenerational Appeal – We seek to attract and appeal to all generations and to honor musical traditions valued by older generations and yet to make room for new musical worship genres that appeal to younger generations.
What can I wear?
Park Hills Church has no dress standards. Wear clothes that make you comfortable.
Are children welcome during the service?
Children are welcomed into the sanctuary and actively participate in the worship service each 5th Sunday and in designated special services. In addition, our Youth Sunday school (K-7) runs concurrently during our 11:00 AM worship service and offers age appropriate teaching of biblical principles applicable in their daily lives.
Where should I park?
We have a large parking lot located immediately across from our church that provides an ample and safe area for your vehicle.